The course explores how irregularities in neurological and developmental systems relate to perplexing behaviors and dysfunction and offers activities, strategies and compensations to reduce stress and improve function.
In this 16-hour course you will:
Understand more about what behaviors can reveal about neurological irregularities using the HANDLE® paradigm. Specifically, we'll look at different sensory and organizational systems and discuss behaviors that may indicate irregularities in them
- Learn further signs of stress and interventions before the consequences manifest
- Learn more about how our quality of life and abilities are affected by internal and external environment
- Learn more about Gentle Enhancement®
- Discover root causes of challenging behaviors and learning difficulties
- Have a new understanding of the senses and motor functions
- Expand the Understanding and interpretation of learning, social and behavioral challenges
- Explore the neurodevelopmental systems - the building blocks of learning and achievement
- Discover the elements of learning – such as the numerous systemic influences on writing
- Learn how to positively enhance learning without overwhelm
- Learn how neurodevelopmental systems develop, affect and support each other
HANDLE Activities for enhancing learning and human potential
Learn 6 more HANDLE Activities
Explore a wide range of variations and applications for each of the activities.
Hear more examples of HANDLE in action.
Suggested Reading: The Fabric of Autism (Available in print, CD & Audible)
by Judith Bluestone, (available on amazon.com or www.handle.org)
Cost: $250 (USD). If you need to defer payment (pay later, lower the cost) please do sign up and then contact me to make arrangements.
HANDLE clients (past or present, of any provider) get a 50% discount.If you have taken HANDLE's Levels 1-2 before and want to repeat the class, sign up without paying.
HANDLE Introductory Course Level 1
About the Instructor:
HANDLE Provider and Level 2 Instructor-in-training Nancy Dill has been helping clients with learning and attention difficulties, autism, brain injuries, or perplexing behaviors to live easier and more productive lives since 2010. She has taught HANDLE in the US, Ecuador, and Brazil.