Articles About HANDLE
Members of the press should contact The HANDLE Institute office.
ADD / ADHD
Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 'More Progress Less Stress' by Sean Williams in 'Autism Eye Magazine', Autumn 2013 cover story, (PDF, 13.1MB)
- 'HANDLE - A New Way of Seeing' by Sean Williams in 'The Autism File', Summer 2008
- 'A Family's Experience of HANDLE' by Belinda Nunn in 'The Autism File', Summer 2008
- In the May 15, 2006 issue of TIME Magazine, the cover story on Autism quotes HANDLE founder Judith Bluestone from her book, "The Fabric of Autism." In addition, two of the individuals profiled in the article were HANDLE clients.
- "Autism Turned Inside Out," by Judith Bluestone. Autism Asperger's Digest Magazine July-August 2002. (PDF; 670kb)
- "Traversing Autism," by Judith Bluestone. Asperger's Digest Magazine November-Decemeber 2002. (PDF; 800kb)
Traumatic Brain Injury
- "Taking the brakes off learning", by Sean Williams, 'ABC Magazine' Sussex, UK, March 2012.
- "Pilot Project in a Rural School in Nova Scotia, Canada," study performed by Nancy Ceulemans.
- "Translating Neuroscience into Learning and Behavior: Getting a ‘handle’ on neurodevelopmental therapy," published in August 2001 in ADVANCE for Occupational Therapists and ADVANCE for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
- "HANDLE Institute’s back-to-basics approach successful," from The Seattle Press, February 28-March 12, 1996, Volume X, Number 25.
- "Another Approach — Drug Free Treatment," 1996, Harrison Memorial Hospitals Publication Dept.
HANDLE'S Founder, Judith Bluestone
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer interview with Judith Bluestone, "Jefferson Award winner Bluestone a trailblazer in therapy without drugs"
- "Judith Bluestone, b. 1944,
neurodevelopmental specialist," excerpted from the book, "A Woman's Path," by Jo Giese. The section about Judith Bluestone is available here (PDF; 281k)
- "ADHD 101: Judith Bluestone developer of the HANDLE method for treating ADHD and autism," September 9, 2009, Dr. Kari Miller, LA Special Education Examiner.
- "A Woman's Path," published in 1998 by author Jo Giese, includes Judith Bluestone, who tells the story of her young life and how she came to found the Institute. The section about Judith Bluestone is available here (PDF; 281k)
- "Cutting Edge Therapies for Autism," includes a chapter about HANDLE.
- May 22, 2005 Autism One Radio interview by Patricia Lemer, Executive Director of Developmental Delay Resources, with Judith Bluestone, founder of The HANDLE Institute.
- December 5, 2006 Autism One Radio interview with Judith Bluestone: Dynamic introduction to her book, "The Fabric of Autism: Weaving the Thread Into a Cogent Theory."
- January 8, 2007 Autism One Radio inverview, "Why and How to understand 'Behaviors as Communication' and 'Gentle Enhancement.'" Guests: Paula Kluth, Ph.D., Carolyn Nuyens (HANDLE practitioner), and Ann Morrow (parent of twins).
- February 8, 2007 Autism One Radio interview, "Socialization." The greatest stress of all, real-life examples and solutions shared by experts and parentsGuests: Anne Donnellan, Ph.D., Martha Leary, M.A., CCC-SLP, Carol Lombardo & Priscilla Becker.
- April 12, 2007 Autism One Radio interview, "Sleep, Sound, and Light." Tips, insights, and solutions addressing these unavoidable influences discussed with experts and parents.
- May 10, 2007 Autism One Radio interview, "Muscle Tone." Preparation for bodily movement; how true muscle tone "readiness" is gained. Guests: Shifra Leiser, OT, Carolyn Nuyens (practitioner), Jennifer Boergession.
- June 14, 2007 Autism One Radio interview, "Anxiety and Autism."
For More Information, see